Complete at least one of the following drawings using CONTOUR LINES. For each, use a drawing medium of your choice and carefully consider COMPOSITION, ACCURACY and MODELING OF FORM (linear perspective, if it applies), VALUE (with contour lines vs. shading), and LINE QUALITY
- Place at least five books on a table in an interesting arrangement and with a strong light source. Draw the still life with observational accuracy.
- Sit down, stretching your bare feet out in front of you and crossing them at the ankles. Draw what you see. Don't forget the negative space!
- Drape several articles of clothing over a chair. Use this (clothes AND chair) as the subject of a well-composed drawing with a focus on the values rendered to portray the draped cloth.
- REFER OFTEN to the inside cover of your sketchbook and review the goals, expectations, and Artist Habits of Mind, which you should be working toward.
- MANAGE YOUR TIME, in order to do your best work and to meet the deadline(s)
- FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS while challenging yourself to think beyond them for unique and thoughtful solutions