There is only ONE final sketchbook grade this quarter but there are
MULTIPLE SB CHECKS.
Read the assignment and the weekly agenda carefully and update your calendar accordingly.
- SOL AII.1 - "The student will expand the use of a process art portfolio (e.g., sketchbook/journal and working portfolio) to include preliminary sketches, completed works, critical writings, and class notes."
- SOL AII.8 - "The student will employ elements of art, principles of design, and a variety of media to express meaning in works of art and design."
- SOL AII.10 - "The student will use drawing media and processes to plan for and create works of art."
- SOL AII.12 - "The student will identify historical and contemporary works of art and artistic developments."
- SOL AII.13 - "The student will examine and discuss social, political, economic, and cultural factors that influence works of art and design."
- You will be sharing the contents of your sketchbook with your classmates. This practice is meant to encourage your best work and the active sharing of ideas and inspiration. We all learn from one another.
- These assignments are designed to support class content and skills; they require deliberate focus and time management. Make a work plan as soon as the assignment is posted - and work regularly thereafter.
- A hard-copy of the assignment will be pasted into your sketchbook.
- A view-only version is available below (does not work on mobile devices, however)