There is only ONE final sketchbook grade this quarter but there are
MULTIPLE SB CHECKS.
Read the assignment and the weekly agenda carefully and update your calendar accordingly.
- SOL A1.1 "The student will maintain and use a process art portfolio (e.g., sketchbook/journal and working portfolio) for planning and as a resource in the art-making process."
- SOL AI.8 "The student will select and apply elements of art and principles of design to communicate meaning in works of art."
- SOL AI.10 "The student will use a variety of drawing media and processes to create observational and expressive works of art."
- SOL AI.11 "The student will analyze major art movements and influential artists according to events, places, cultures, and historical periods."
- You will be sharing the contents of your sketchbook with your classmates. This practice is meant to encourage your best work and the active sharing of ideas and inspiration. We all learn from one another.
- These assignments are designed to support class content and skills; they require deliberate focus and time management. Make a work plan as soon as the assignment is posted - and work regularly thereafter.
- A hard-copy of the assignment will be pasted into your sketchbook.
- A view only version is available below (does not work on mobile devices, however)