- Understand the concept of scientific linear perspective - as it differs from intuitive and atmospheric perspective.
- Understand that drawing geometric forms is the basis for drawing most every 3D object (including figures) - and that linear perspective can help to draw those geometric forms accurately.
- Practice drawing with 1-pt. and 2-pt. perspective.
- Practice value scales with pencil, colored pencil, and paint.
- Apply highlights, midtones, shadow edges, and cast shadows to linear perspective drawings, according to the light source.
- Understand how using linear perspective PLUS values (implied lines vs. actual lines) can create the illusion of reality in a drawing or painting.