- Understand how the Pop Art movement came to be; compare and contrast it with other art movements
- Understand and manipulate color's 3 properties: HUE, VALUE, and SATURATION through the medium of paint
- Experience the way that an artist has control over the choice and purposeful use of color
- Draw the still life accurately and with good composition (use ALL the skills we have been practicing this year!)
- Select an ARBITRARY color scheme with which to paint the still life while matching observed values
- Paint highlights, mid-tones, shadow edges, and cast shadows to create the illusion of real form
- Use selected Pop Art attributes to finish the work (Ben Day dots, etc.)
- Mount work for display
- Self-assess work to comprehend growth and understanding of concepts and objectives
Art I Projects
Class projects will cover a variety of skills, content, and media. We will start with an introduction to drawing skills as a foundation on which to build. This page will contain important details, resources, and information related to each project. It is your responsibility to use this page to help guide and reinforce your learning.
This site is for educational purposes. Resources used and contained within this site are meant to supplement and encourage deeper understanding in the art classes for which it has been developed. Links to material created by persons other than mosleyart.com are not intended to endorse products or services that may be described therein. Any opinions expressed in such material are those of its author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of mosleyart.com. Links needing attention should be reported to Kori Mosley.