- Understand how the Pop Art movement came to be, especially as a reaction to previous art movements
- Recognize characteristics of Pop Art
- Understand color's 3 properties: HUE, VALUE, and SATURATION and how the artist has control over the choice and use of color
- Mix paint to achieve local color matches as well as arbitrary color choices based on formal color schemes
- Create a painting using: a) a self-selected, appropriated image, b) an area(s) of counterchange, and c) an arbitrary yet formal color scheme
Art I Projects
Class projects will cover a variety of skills, content, and media. We will start with an introduction to drawing skills as a foundation on which to build. This page will contain important details, resources, and information related to each project. It is your responsibility to use this page to help guide and reinforce your learning.
This site is for educational purposes. Resources used and contained within this site are meant to supplement and encourage deeper understanding in the art classes for which it has been developed. Links to material created by persons other than mosleyart.com are not intended to endorse products or services that may be described therein. Any opinions expressed in such material are those of its author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of mosleyart.com. Links needing attention should be reported to Kori Mosley.