- Understand how the Pop Art movement came to be, especially as a reaction to previous art movements
- Recognize characteristics of Pop Art
- Understand color's 3 properties: HUE, VALUE, and SATURATION and how the artist has control over the choice and use of color
- Mix paint to achieve local color matches as well as arbitrary color choices based on formal color schemes
- Create a painting using: a) a self-selected, appropriated image, b) an area(s) of counterchange, and c) an arbitrary yet formal color scheme
Art I Projects
Class projects will cover a variety of skills, content, and media. We will start with an introduction to drawing skills as a foundation on which to build. This page will contain important details, resources, and information related to each project. It is your responsibility to use this page to help guide and reinforce your learning.