You will learn about human proportions and continue to practice and refine the general drawing skills that you learned in Drawing Bootcamp and beyond. New skills such as sighting techniques, gesture drawings, and ways to capture the pesky illusion of foreshortening will be addressed.
REMEMBER - all art lessons are cumulative; you will need to use and refine everything that you have learned and practiced so far, in order to see the most progress in your work.
- Continue to practice and refine observation and contour drawing skills by using the figure as a subject
- Learn “gesture” and other figure drawing methods.
- Learn correct body proportions as measured by “heads”
- Learn sighting methods to help measure and place the figure accurately on the paper
- Apply knowledge of line quality to a final contour drawing the figure
- Compare the final figure drawing with the one you completed in the Art Skills Inventory...what improvements do you see?