Inspired by our studies of Middle Eastern art and Islamic tiles, you will create your own tile design, based on the letters of your name.
1. Fold your square paper in quarters, diagonally
2. Write your name in one of the triangles - you will need to try multiple designs and letter styles before picking the best one.
3. Fill one triangle with the selected name design/lettering style
4. Transfer the design to the remaining triangles - once complete, you will have a tile design and your name should no longer be visible
5. Trace all lines with a Sharpie marker - consider line quality VERY carefully
5. After studying the color wheel, select a color scheme
6. Using watercolors, fill all spaces with colors from your color scheme - consider opacity to create VARIETY and CONTRAST
7. Mount and assess your work (see assessment rubric below)