- Filling out the Art-Parent/Guardian Contact & Information Form (below). I try to send quarterly emails with news and announcements and would like these communications reach everyone.
- Checking this website to see what we are up to: 1) The Home page has a welcome/information message for both you and your child; 2) Your child's class page (ART 2 or ART 3) contains their weekly agenda, curriculum and project information, and lots of additional resources; 3) and the OPPORTUNITIES page has information about exciting classes and special programs, including information about Contests and Travel.
- Asking your child about what they are doing and learning, what homework should be in-process (and helping them to manage their time if needed), and any other questions that would encourage a dialogue about art and the place art has in your child's life and education.
- Supporting the Visual Arts Boosters (VAB). Our goal is to have 100% art-parent/guardian participation. The easiest way to get involved is to make a donation, which helps to support unique art programming and special events and opportunities for Maggie Walker artists. There are also committee positions (both large and small), organizational meetings, and parties! The first meeting of the year is on Sept. ______ @ 5 - 6 pm in the art room (#131).
- "Liking" Maggie Walker Arts on Facebook (see icon @ top right). We share school/art-related information and many exciting opportunities for the students to take advantage of.
- Emailing me at any time with any questions or concerns.
Art 2 & 3
Sponsor of the Art Club & NAHS