I want you to know what we are doing in the art room - and why we are doing it! Please help me keep you in the loop by:
- Filling out the Art-Parent Contact & Information Form (below). I try to send quarterly emails with news and announcements and would like to make sure that these communications reach everyone.
- Checking this website to see what we are up to: 1) The Home page has a welcome/information message for both you and your child; 2) Your child's class page (ART 1 or ART 2) contains their agenda, curriculum information, and lots of additional resources; 3) and the OPPORTUNITIES page has information about exciting classes and special programs, including access to Contests.
- Asking your child about what they are learning, what homework should be in-process, and any other questions that would encourage a dialogue about art and the place art has in your child's life & education.
- Supporting the Visual Arts Boosters (VAB). Our goal is to have 100% art-parent participation. The easiest way to get involved is to make a donation, which helps to support unique art programming and special events @ Maggie Walker. AND ALSO, there are committee positions (both large and small) and we'd love to see you at our meetings (check the website for details). The first meeting of the year is on Sept. 19th @ 5 - 6 pm in the art room (#131).
- "Liking" Maggie Walker Arts on Facebook (see icon @ top right). We share school/art-related information and many exciting opportunities for the students to take advantage of.
- Emailing me at any time with any questions or concerns.
Art 1, 2, Art Club/NAHS