- John Freyer is an artist, author, educator (Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media at VCU's School of the Arts), and MLWGS parent.
- His practice engages accidental audiences in galleries, museums, and public spaces. He explores the role of everyday, personal objects in our lives and investigates how the circulation of objects and stories enrich social ties between individuals and groups.
- Freyer has brought his social practice projects – Free Ice Water, Free Hot Coffee and Free Hot Supper to the TEDx stage.
- He will ride his Free Hot Coffee bike over to Maggie Walker, make some coffee, and then speak about the Free Hot Coffee project that he installed/performed while at the Tate Modern in London.
- Go to FREYER's WEBSITE to learn more!
- Watch his TEDx talk below - and below that is the Lunchtime Lecture.
This lecture series is intended to expose to art-related careers and the ways that art/design skills & knowledge can be applied to other fields of study and personal interests. Attendance is expected. Those unable to attend must still complete the assignment. Select resources are provided below for your use. Art 2 SB entries must include: 1) Heading (name/title/date, etc.), 2) Notes, 3) Supporting image, 4) Summative reflection. Art 3 students should take notes in their SB but complete the EXPERIENCE post online (review WS instructions for details)
This site is for educational purposes. Resources used and contained within this site are meant to supplement and encourage deeper understanding in the art classes for which it has been developed. Links to material created by persons other than mosleyart.com are not intended to endorse products or services that may be described therein. Any opinions expressed in such material are those of its author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of mosleyart.com. Links needing attention should be reported to Kori Mosley.