2019 Theme: “Your Art, Your Story”
* If you want Mrs. Mosley to mail your entry for you, it MUST be submitted no later than the end of the school day on December 12, 2018. Otherwise, you can mail it yourself by December 14, 2018 as per the instructions on the template.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Read the instructions on the flag design entry form/template carefully. Forms are available on the Art Club/NAHS bulletin board and below; fyi, the judging rubric is also posted in the same locations.
- Create multiple thumbnail sketches to help you envision possible solutions as you work through the compositional challenges that have been posed. Consider both vertical AND horizontal compositions as you work. Read the instructions AGAIN to make sure that you are not missing any of the requirements!
- Get feedback on your ideas in order to reflect on the strength of your design and to make the needed revisions. As always, composition can make all the difference!
- Render your final design using any 2D media (crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint, pastels, digital media, etc.). While you may draw directly on the template, you may also create your design separately, as long as the proportions are similar. As always, craftsmanship can make all the difference!
All winners will receive a letter of commendation for their work. First place winners will also receive a color poster of their work and art supplies. The winning VA design will be made into a 3' x 5’ flag to be displayed, along with with flags from other states, at the National Art Education Association Convention in Boston, MA (March)