Go to the Student Websites page to access the AWARENESS/AS #8 post that you have been assigned. Follow the same directions as you would for any Artist Spotlight entry to complete AS #9.
In order to select the artist who you will investigate and present in an AWARENESS post, do the following:
1) DUE January 11th: In your SB, briefly investigate at least THREE Abstract Expressionist painters with the goal of presenting ONE as an AWARENESS post (as Artist Spotlight #8) on your blog. PLEASE NOTE:
2) DUE January 18th: For Artist Spotlight #8, create an AWARENESS post about the AbEx painter you have been assigned to investigate more fully.
Theodoros Stamos (1922-97), Jimmy Ernst (1920-84), Barnett Newman (1905-70), James C. Brooks (1906-92), Mark Rothko (1903-70); middle row: Richard Pousette-Dart (1916-92), William Baziotes (1912-63), Jackson Pollock (1912-56), Clyfford Still (1904-80), Robert Motherwell (1915-91), Bradley Walker Tomlin (1899-53); back row: Willem de Kooning (1904-97), Adolph Gottlieb (1903-74), Ad Reinhardt (1913-67), and Hedda Sterne (1910-2011).
Many important AbEx painters are featured in the above photo or listed below:
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Art 3/Artist Spotlights
You will be introduced to selected works of art and artists as they relate to the curriculum. In your sketchbook:
1. Complete a thumbnail sketch of the work
2. Document the #, heading, and credit line
3. Review all provided resources - take notes
4. Answer the questions completely and with specificity; complete sentences should reveal the question (write legibly or type/print)
Entries started in class must be completed as homework by the same day/next week