Go to the Student Websites page to access the AWARENESS/AS #8 post that you have been assigned. Follow the same directions as you would for any Artist Spotlight entry to complete AS #9.
In order to select the artist who you will investigate and present in an AWARENESS post, do the following:
1) DUE January 11th: In your SB, briefly investigate at least THREE Abstract Expressionist painters with the goal of presenting ONE as an AWARENESS post (as Artist Spotlight #8) on your blog. PLEASE NOTE:
2) DUE January 18th: For Artist Spotlight #8, create an AWARENESS post about the AbEx painter you have been assigned to investigate more fully.
Theodoros Stamos (1922-97), Jimmy Ernst (1920-84), Barnett Newman (1905-70), James C. Brooks (1906-92), Mark Rothko (1903-70); middle row: Richard Pousette-Dart (1916-92), William Baziotes (1912-63), Jackson Pollock (1912-56), Clyfford Still (1904-80), Robert Motherwell (1915-91), Bradley Walker Tomlin (1899-53); back row: Willem de Kooning (1904-97), Adolph Gottlieb (1903-74), Ad Reinhardt (1913-67), and Hedda Sterne (1910-2011).
Many important AbEx painters are featured in the above photo or listed below:
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Art 3/Artist Spotlights
You will be introduced to selected works of art and artists as they relate to the curriculum. In your sketchbook:
1. Complete a thumbnail sketch of the work
2. Document the #, heading, and credit line
3. Review all provided resources - take notes
4. Answer the questions completely and with specificity; complete sentences should reveal the question (write legibly or type/print)
Entries started in class must be completed as homework by the same day/next week
This site is for educational purposes. Resources used and contained within this site are meant to supplement and encourage deeper understanding in the art classes for which it has been developed. Links to material created by persons other than mosleyart.com are not intended to endorse products or services that may be described therein. Any opinions expressed in such material are those of its author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of mosleyart.com. Links needing attention should be reported to Kori Mosley.