- LEGENDARY SCULPTURE ARTISTS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
- TOP TEN SCULPTORS WORKING TODAY
- You may go beyond these sculptors but make sure that you choose an artist who is considered important in the field and has a vetted reputation
- Look for artists whose style you particularly admire so you can draw specific inspiration as you begin to paint.
- Consider also the general idea of sculpture and how it differs from 2D work.
Include in the blog post:
1) (Title) Artist Spotlight/Sculptor: Name of artist (birth/death dates)
2) An image of a pivotal work, with credit line (make sure that the image is clear/high resolution and is large enough to view easily - make sure the credit line is easily distinguishable from the overall text).
3) Important facts & background information about the artist - biographical, stylistic, contextual, etc.. Don't write a research paper but don't be stingy with info. either.
4) A helpful resource, which will supplement the background info. that you have already provided (video, website, article, etc.). Introduce this resource by providing an introduction to what we will be learning by accessing it. THINK ABOUT THIS: It would be helpful if this provided resource included additional images of the artist's body of work, beyond the one require image....
5) Three questions that, when answered, will allow for review and comprehension of the artist's career, their place in art history, and their specific connection to the art of sculpture. Make sure that each question addresses a different aspect of the artist's life and/or specific information about sculpture; the reader should gain a comprehensive review of the topic by answering the questions.