From "Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji"
10 x 15 inches
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Takes notes on the following resources:
- FIRST, See the 36 views of Mount Fuji (of which the above print is one).
- THEN, watch a virtual demonstration of woodblock printing as well as etching, lithography, and screen printing.
- FINALLY, watch the video below:
1. What does Ukiyo-e mean? What are some characteristics of Ukiyo-e prints?
2. List and briefly explain the four types of printmaking as described in the virtual demonstration.
3. Give some examples to show how Hokusai's Great Wave and other prints influenced European art and artists.