ca. 15,000 BCE
Lascaux, Dordogne, France
Paint on limestone
Largest bull approx. 12' long.
1. READ THIS ARTICLE
2. VISIT THE CAVE - EXPLORE!
3. WATCH THIS VIDEO :
1. What materials and processes were used to make these images?
2. What is another term for "composite view?" What does this type of perspective intend to communicate?
3. What are some possible reasons for the creation of these images? What are your thoughts about these prehistoric people and their possible reasons for making art?
- Newly discovered Cave paintings change ideas about the origin of art (article includes a video)
- Here's another video: