What WAS Art? What IS Art? WHY is Art? What WILL Art Become....? HOW will YOUR art compare?
- The thumbnail sketches associated with these sketchbook entries will serve as opportunities to draw every day but they are separate from your "Daily Drawings."
- A thumbnail sketch is small and quickly done BUT it should still be completed with effort and observation. Pay attention to contours, shapes, proportion, composition, etc. This type of observation helps you to better understand the work of art and how the artist may have approached their work.
- Pay special attention to the ways that art has changed over the years - but perhaps you'll also notice similarities... what drives ALL artists?
- We will only scratch the surface - art history is HUGE and it keeps growing. Take any opportunity to be curious about things that we are not able to cover in this course.
- Watch the video below
- Take notes to document important/interesting facts, bits of information, thoughts, etc.
- Write a reflective response, which may include some or all of the following:
- What did you already know?
- What information was totally new to you?
- What would you like to investigate further?
- Did the video help you think about art in a new way?
- General thoughts/impressions about the content of the video.