- The first days of school will be spent getting to know one another and becoming familiar with the curriculum, your responsibilities, and how you can be successful in this course.
- You do not need to bring anything to the first class; we will review specific materials and other needs during the first week.
- Review school procedures, handbook test, emergency protocol, etc.
- Explain posted HW
- Assign and cover textbooks
- DUE: Syllabus review
- Continued from last class - whatever we still need to review re: syllabus, code of conduct, fire drill and emergency procedures, art room and website navigation, general questions, etc.
- Review posted HW
- Video/notes - "The World at the British Museum"
DUE Sept. 10 = Syllabus review
DUE Sept. 15 = Quia enrollment (instructions are in itslearning) AND Read "Use Notes, Starter Kit, and Introduction" (XXI - XLI) and answer one of the "Think About it" questions on p. XLI. All written homework must be typed and printed ahead of class. Please include the full question and its #. Be prepared for an open note Quia quiz on the "Starter Kit"
DUE Sept. 17 = Read Chapter 1
DUE Sept. 18 = walking field trip form and Art Parent Contact Information form (digital)
Sept. 21 = Start extended schedule (through Oct. 2)
Sept. 22 = First meeting of the Art Club (meets 2nd and 4th Tues.)
Sept. 23 = School Holiday (Richmond Bike Race) / Office open 8-4 PM
Sept. 24 = Back to School Night / PTSA 6:30 PM
Oct. 2 = First Friday
Oct. 9 = Fall Festival
Oct. 14 = PSAT/Field Day
November 10, 2015
February 9, 2016
April 12, 2016
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points):
#1 - Oct. 6 (@ interim)
#2 - Nov. 5 (@ end of Q1)
#3 - Dec. 15 (@ interim)
#4 - TBD, as needed to prepare for exam
EXAM - Feb. 2 (remember, this is a FINAL exam and is the last grade for this Part I course. Part II starts @ Q3)