- Continue Chapter 6
- Continue/finish (as much as possible) Chapter 6
- QUIZ - NOT TEST - Chapter 6 plus some review
FRIDAY: Special Schedule - Winter Concert
- Read Chapter 6 - Etruscan and Roman Art - pay special attention to: p. 161/Roman Architectural Orders, p. 165/The Capitoline She-Wolf, p. 167/Roman Writers on Art, p. 168/Roman Portraiture, p. 170/The Roman Arch, p. 182/August Mu's Four Styles of Pompeian Painting, p. 183/A Painter at Work, p. 187/Roman Vaulting, p. 194/Concrete, and p. 199/Roman Mosaics
- Make progress on your research project - presentations will be given on Jan. 19th, 21st, and 26th
- FRIDAY = Last day before winter break! Woo hoo!
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points - NOT open notes):
- YES, another change....Test #2 will now be moved until AFTER winter break. Date TBD, as needed, to prepare for Sem. 1 exam
- Test #3 has been DELETED
- EXAM - Feb. 2
LUNCHTIME LECTURES. These are extra credit opportunities - Requirements: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 - 2 pages), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture itself and reflective thoughts that express your ability to make meaning of the experience; 3) Submission of the report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery
- April 12, 2016 - Tentative, art conservators from VMFA