- Turn in field trip permission & pre-excused absence form
- Review quiz
- Continue proto-Renaissance
- Prep for field trip
- Transition to Renaissance/N. Renaissance
- Field trip to VMFA (leave @ 2nd pd./return in time for 8th pd.)
- Read Renaissance packet
- DUE THURSDAY before class - Flip through Chapters 20 and 21 to find an example of art and/or architecture that is NOT in the packet AND that you can directly connect to previous study. Post your findings to the Facebook group; HERE'S THE CATCH...there can be NO repeats. Be prepared to discuss your choices and how they illustrate artistic innovations for the time while maintaining an awareness of the past.
- Review related Study Guide and Supplemental Info. pages
- EVERY TUESDAY IN MARCH = workshops by NAHS members to celebrate Youth Art Month; open to all - bring your friends
- THIS WEEK = screen-printing
- NEXT WEEK = paper marbling
- THE WEEK AFTER = photograms
- AND FINALLY = tape casting
TEST DATES: subject to change!
March 17 (you will have a sub on this day = makes sense to take a test)
April 14 (end Q3)
May 19 (@ Interim)
June 14 (Final Exam)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES. This lecture series is intended to provide knowledge of art-related careers. Even if you do not go on to study art, the exposure to careers that combine art WITH other fields of study should be enlightening as you consider the possibilities for your future. This is a mandatory part of the studio art curriculum but an extra credit opportunity for you!
Requirements: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 - 2 pages), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture itself and reflective thoughts that express your ability to make meaning of the experience; 3) Submission of the report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- April 12, 2016 - TBD