TUESDAY: Student holiday/Parent/teacher conferences, 12:00 - 7:00 pm
- TEST #1 - Chapters 1 - 3
- Washington D.C. field trip info. & permission forms go home
- Discuss research projects
- Read Chapter 4 - Art of the Ancient Aegean
- DUE NOV. 12th - Your choice of ONE "Think About It" question from Chapter 4
- DUE BEFORE NOV. 20th - permission form and payment for the field trip to Washington D.C. *** Please note that the bus will fill up before then, so reserve your seat ASAP. Seats can only be reserved with collected payment AND permission***
- Familiarize yourself with the field trip by reading THIS PAGE carefully. Come to class with questions only AFTER reading the info. that has been provided. NOTE: there will be some differences between what YOU do and what a studio art student will do but this page should be helpful in general terms.
- FRIDAY = MW/VAB First Friday Art Walk - meet in room 153 @ 5:30 for refreshments, then load the shuttle bus for a ride to and from art galleries on Broad and Main streets. PLEASE RSVP if you plan to attend.
- NOV. 10 = Lunchtime Lecture (this is an Art Club meeting but an extra credit opportunity for art history students). Required for extra credit: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 page is enough), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture and summative/reflective thoughts that make connections between what was heard/learned and the field of art history; 3) Submission of this report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- NOV. 25 = Start of Thanksgiving holiday
- DEC. 4 = Field Trip to Washington D.C.
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points - NOT open notes):
#1 - changed again - Let's just wait until Nov. 5th (not Oct. 20)(not Oct. 6)
#2 - Dec. 15 (@ interim)
#3 - TBD, as needed to prepare for Sem. 1 exam
EXAM - Feb. 2
LUNCHTIME LECTURES: Clear your calendar
- November 10, 2015 - Dr. R. Peter Mooz, past director of VMFA (1976-1981)
- February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery
- April 12, 2016 - Tentative, art conservation (VMFA)