- Chapter 2
- Chapter 2
- Lots of possibilities...be prepared for anything...Quiz, review research topics, discuss homework questions...
- Finish reading Chapter 2 - Art of the Ancient Near East...be prepared for an open notes quiz
- DUE TUESDAY - ART HISTORY ALERT!!! #1 (this first post can be related to art history in any way; the next ones will be more closely related to the time periods that we are covering in class).
- DUE FRIDAY - Your choice of ONE "Think About It" question from Chapter 2
- DUE FRIDAY - THREE possible research project ideas. The goal here will be to explore a specific topic that falls within the chapters to be covered this semester AND includes a work(s) of art that you can observe personally. This will require some research into the collections of the VMFA, other local museums, and those in Washington, D.C. in order to determine the potential to see your selected work(s) of art in person.
- ONGOING...keep a running list of "things I am interested in and would like to know more about." This will help when generating or refining research project ideas.
- For NEXT week - start reading Chapter 3 - Art of Ancient Egypt
FRIDAY = Interim and Fall Festival, 4:00 - 8:00 pm *** ART CLUB/NAHS MEMBERS MUST SIGN UP TO HELP @ FALL FESTIVAL
OCT. 13 = Art Club meeting (2nd Tues.)
OCT. 14 = PSAT (morning); Periods 5 and 7 (afternoon)
OCT. 16 = Periods 1 and 3 (morning); Pep Rally/Field Day (afternoon)
OCT. 27 = Art Club meeting (4th Tues.)
NOV. 4 = Washington D.C. field trip permission forms available (DUE Nov. 20th; space is limited, first come, first served!)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES: Stay tuned for names but get these dates on your calendar (attendance is expected)
November 10, 2015 - Dr. R. Peter Mooz, past director of VMFA (1976-1981)
February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery
April 12, 2016
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points - NOT open notes):
#1 - changed - Let's try for Oct. 20... (not Oct. 6)
#2 - Nov. 3 (@ end of Q1)
#3 - Dec. 15 (@ interim)
#4 - TBD, as needed to prepare for Sem. 1 exam
EXAM - Feb. 2