This is the last week of the EXTENDED SCHEDULE - School starts @ 8:35 am
- Cont. Chapter 1
- Finish Chapter 1
- Quiz (open notes)
- With any extra time and while on the computer, access the online textbook and get ahead on Chapter 2 and/or look through other chapters for possible research ideas.
- NOTE: This is Mrs. Mosley's last week to be on-call for jury duty....if she is not in class, just follow the directions that were left for you with the substitute (which will likely be exactly the same the above)
- For this week and NEXT: Read Chapter 2 - Art of the Ancient Near East...be prepared for an open notes quiz but it will likely not be on Tuesday:)
- DUE Oct. 6 (or at anytime before then) - ART HISTORY ALERT!!! #1 (this first post can be related to art history in any way; the next ones will be more closely related to the time periods that we are covering in class).
- ONGOING...keep a running list of "things I am interested in and would like to know more about." This will help when generating research project ideas. Your topics will need to fall within the chapters to be covered this semester and your preliminary ideas are due....
- DUE Oct. 9 - THREE possible research project ideas. The goal here will be to explore a specific topic that falls within the chapters to be covered this semester AND includes a work(s) of art that you can observe personally. This will require some research into the collections of the VMFA, other local museums, and those in Washington, D.C. in order to determine the potential to see your selected work(s) of art in person.
- DUE Oct. 9 - Your choice of ONE "Think About It" question from Chapter 2.
FRIDAY = First Friday Art Walk (on your own). If you've never done this before, look out for information re: the MLWGS/VAB Art Walk on Nov. 6th and join us!
Oct. 9 = Interim and Fall Festival, 4:00 - 8:00 pm *** MEMBERS MUST SIGN UP TO HELP @ FALL FESTIVAL
OCT. 13 = Art Club meeting (2nd Tues.)
Oct. 14 = PSAT/Field Day - no classes but a special schedule of testing and spirit activities
Oct. 27 = Art Club meeting (4th Tues.)
Nov. 4 = Washington D.C. field trip permission forms available (DUE Nov. 20th - space is limited so first come, first served!)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES: Stay tuned for names but get these dates on your calendar (attendance is expected)
November 10, 2015
February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery
April 12, 2016
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points - NOT open notes):
#1 - changed - Let's try for Oct. 20... (not Oct. 6)
#2 - Nov. 3 (@ end of Q1)
#3 - Dec. 15 (@ interim)
#4 - TBD, as needed to prepare for Sem. 1 exam
EXAM - Feb. 2