- DUE "What Groupie Are You?" assignment/discuss
- Continue content
THURSDAY: Assembly schedule
- Class 8:40 - 9:50
- Finish content via the film, "Uncertainty: Modernity & Art"
- Exam review
- THIS WEEK:
- DUE TUESDAY = What Groupie Are You?" assignment (TEST grade): As you remember, the "Caravaggisti" were followers of Caravaggio; they emulated his style and promoted it through their art production in Italy and beyond. You are also aware of Rubens and Poussin with their similar, named followers. If you were to be a "follower" of an artist (or even group of artists) you have learned about this semester (in class or otherwise), who would it be and why? What would you be called? Who would you be "enemies" with and why? What behaviors would you adopt in an effort to be more like your role model(s)? Caravaggio, Rubens, and Poussin are off limits. In the explanation of your allegiance to your chosen artist(s) and group of followers, you should clearly illustrate your understanding of the artistic movement, it's time period and related context, the artist's specific style and purpose, etc. To be even more illustrative of your understanding, you must also discuss the group with whom you would rebel against or have issues with. Be creative with your writing style, group's name, and reasons for joining the group. Be thorough with your answer. This is a test.
- DUE BY FRIDAY = Comments on remaining Semester 2 project pages (#2 - #13); give the authors insight into what you found meaningful, interesting, helpful to your understanding of the topic, etc.
- DUE ON EXAM DAY - bring your textbook - leave the cover on, they'll be better protected that way.
- THURSDAY = Junior and Senior Awards assemblies (during 8th pd.)
- FRIDAY = Senior Show @ Artworks Gallery (320 Hull St.), 6 - 10
June 13 - periods 1/3
June 14 - periods 2/4
June 15 - period 5/early release
June 16 - periods 6/8
June 17 - period 7/early release