- Cont./Finish Middle Ages
- Some class time will be allotted for homework completion (see below)
THURSDAY: Special schedule/course scheduling
- Finish Middle Ages/review concepts for quiz
- Start Renaissance
- Quiz (open notes) (based on chapters 7, 8, 15, 16, 17, the Middle Ages packet, class notes, and Facebook assignment; not Renaissance)
- DUE FOR CLASS ON THURSDAY: 1) Read all Facebook group posts re: assigned topic/Middle Ages; 2) "Like" each one as confirmation that you have completed the reading and review of the posted info./images; 3) When tagged, respond to that specific post with supplemental information (additional facts, another image to support the facts, a related image from another time period to make connections between cultures, etc.); 4) If a question has been posed, answer it; 5) Review all posts for additional information that has been added
- Read Renaissance packet
- Review Study Guide and Supplemental Info. pages
- TUESDAY = Art Club/NAHS (alpha-relaxation)
- SATURDAY, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm = NAHS Colossal Closet Clean-Up; Art Club/NAHS members are invited to volunteer for this important organizational activity. Sign up on Googledoc (see Facebook). Pizza lunch!
- EVERY TUESDAY IN MARCH = lunchtime workshops provided by Art Club/NAHS members to celebrate Youth Art Month; open to all - bring your friends
TEST DATES: subject to change!
March 17 (you will have a sub, makes sense to take a test on this day...)
April 14 (end Q3)
May 19 (@ Interim)
June 14 (Final Exam)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES. This lecture series is intended to provide knowledge of art-related careers. Even if you do not go on to study art, the exposure to careers that combine art WITH other fields of study should be enlightening as you consider the possibilities for your future. This is a mandatory part of the studio art curriculum but an extra credit opportunity for you!
Requirements: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 - 2 pages), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture itself and reflective thoughts that express your ability to make meaning of the experience; 3) Submission of the report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- April 12, 2016 - Tentative, art conservators from VMFA