- Finish presentations - Alex, Evelyn, and Alix
- NOT-AN-EXAM, JUST-A-TEST (unless you want to take the exam, which is your option...)
- Read Chapters 7 and 8 and the handout on the Middle Ages
- DUE Feb. 9 - Your choice of one "Think About It" question from each chapter, 7 and 8, and a summary of the distinct characteristics and importance of the Gothic cathedral
- Feb. 9 = Art Club/NAHS & Lunchtime Lecture (see below)
- Feb. 23 = Art Club/NAHS
LUNCHTIME LECTURES. This lecture series is intended to provide knowledge of art-related careers. Even if you do not go on to study art, the exposure to careers that combine art WITH other fields of study should be enlightening as you consider the possibilities for your future. This is a mandatory part of the studio art curriculum but an extra credit opportunity for you!
Requirements: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 - 2 pages), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture itself and reflective thoughts that express your ability to make meaning of the experience; 3) Submission of the report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery will talk about the gallery, its function as a nonprofit, as well as other nonprofit galleries and art resources in Richmond
- April 12, 2016 - Tentative, art conservators from VMFA