- Continue Chapter 5 - Ancient Greece - focus on pottery, architecture, and the Classical period
WEDNESDAY - FRIDAY: Enjoy your Thanksgiving break!
- Finish reading Chapter 5
- DUE Dec. 3rd - "Think About It" question #5.3 (fyi, you will also have a quiz)
- Make progress on your research project - presentations will be given on Jan. 19th, 21st, and 26th
- TUESDAY = Art Club/NAHS meeting (pottery painting and henna/assignment of NAHS service projects)
- WEDNESDAY = Start of Thanksgiving holiday
- DEC. 4 = Field Trip to Washington D.C.
- DEC. 8 = Art Club/NAHS meeting (explanation of NAHS service projects/sign up for work groups)
TEST DATES (to include any info. covered until those points - NOT open notes):
- #2 - Dec. 15 (@ interim)
- #3 - TBD, as needed to prepare for Sem. 1 exam
- EXAM - Feb. 2
LUNCHTIME LECTURES. These are extra credit opportunities - Requirements: 1) Attendance at the lecture; 2) A typed report (1 - 2 pages), which incorporates both factual information about the lecture itself and reflective thoughts that express your ability to make meaning of the experience; 3) Submission of the report no later than the Friday after the lecture.
- February 9, 2016 - Emily Smith, Executive Director of 1708 Gallery
- April 12, 2016 - Tentative, art conservators from VMFA