- The first days of school will be spent getting to know one another and the art room, website, curriculum, your responsibilities as a student, and how you can be successful in this course.
- We have to review school procedures, handbook test, emergency protocol, etc.
- NOTE: You do not need to bring anything to the first class; we will review specific materials and requirements during the first week.
- Introduction to line and line quality - painting to music
- Review homework
- Continued from last class - whatever we still need to review re: syllabus, code of conduct, fire drill and emergency procedures, art room and website navigation, general questions, etc.
- Introduce Quia homework
- Introduce Art Skills Inventory
- Select SCA representative and alternate (today - or Monday if we run out of time)
- Representatives meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month at lunch, (excluding September and June) to help plan for spirit weeks, pep rallies, other events to promote a positive environment, and to do community outreach.
- DUE FRIDAY = 30 minutes worth of syllabus/syllabus review (set a timer, do NOTHING ELSE but the assignment for 30 minutes, stop when the timer goes off, even if you are not finished with the assignment)
- DUE Sept. 12 = completed syllabus/syllabus review (double check that you have done EVERYTHING and that you have DONE IT REALLY WELL, including the sharing of your work and the class resources with a parent)
- DUE Sept. 16 = all other class materials, walking field trip form, Quia enrollment (see instructions posted in itslearning)
- Sept. 13 = NAHS meeting (meets every 2nd and 4th Tues.)
- Sept. 27 = Art Club meeting (meets every 4th Tues.)
- Sept. 22 = Back to School Night / PTSA 6:30 PM
- Oct. 7 = First Friday & Fall Festival
- Oct. 17 = Student teacher (through Dec. 9)
- Oct. 19 & 21 = PSAT (special schedule, check school calendar)
LUNCHTIME LECTURES: put these dates on your calendar, although they are subject to change...
- Oct. 18
- Jan 24
- Feb 21
- April 25