Welcome back!!! 9 more weeks!!!
We are going on a field trip to the Try-Me Gallery; review the
COLLECTION before you go. AND... Permission forms for FRIDAY'S Future Dragon Welcome Event and/or
The UN-Lock-in are DUE - get yours HERE!!!
NAHS applications are due April 24th. The application takes time to complete so DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. Go go HERE (or the bulletin board) for application materials.
- After attendance, load the bus for a Field Trip to the Try-Me Gallery. Bring your sketchbook and a pencil!!!
- Artist Spotlight #14 has been posted - get started on it (we'll talk more about it next class). NOTE: Artist Spotlight #15 will be an AWARENESS post on your blog - if you haven't selected your sculptor yet, make that a goal for this week!
- Intro./discuss Artist Spotlight #14
- Studio day - continue sculpture; document PROCESS - post by FRIDAY!!!
- NOTE: Please see your Artistic Process and AHoM handouts for ALL the ways that you can participate in and document "PROCESS"
- Finalize choice for AS #15 (AWARENESS post on your blog). NOTE: It's important that you choose an artist sooner than later, since that research is meant to support your artistic process.
FRIDAY: Modified schedule/pep rally
- Class 12:55 - 1:25 (30 min)
- Continue sculpture - work on AS #14/15 - post PROCESS #2
PROJECT DEADLINES: Please see your Artistic Process and AHoM handouts for ALL the ways that you can participate in and document "PROCESS"
- FRIDAY = PROCESS post #2
- April 19 = PROCESS post #3
- April 26 PROCESS post #4 (sculpture should be almost done by now)
- May 1 = Sculpture DUE/critique
- May 3 = PROCESS post #5/FINAL
- DUE April 15 = AS #14 (in SB)
- DUE April 19 = AS #15 (AWARENESS post on your blog)
- See also PROJECT deadlines as they are related!
- DUE May 30th = SB Q4
- MONDAY = Field trip to Try-Me Gallery. Prepare by reviewing the COLLECTION before you go.
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS meeting (applications to run for office are due)
- FRIDAY = Future Dragon Welcome (5 - 7 pm) AND UN-Lock-in (7 - 10 pm)
- April 24 = Art Club (NAHS applications are due)
- May 1 = Lunchtime Lecture, John Freyer, Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media @ VCU (Social Practice Art)
- May 3 = Figure Drawing Friday
- Weeks of May 6th and 13th = AP testing
- May 8 = NAHS meeting - last one!
- Weeks of May 20th and 27th = SOL testing/modified schedules
- May 22 = Art Club meeting - last one!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS