DUE NO LATER THAN THURSDAY @ MIDNIGHT: 1) Select the 2 pieces you intend to show for the YAM exhibit, 2) Submit label info. HERE.
DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, END OF DAY: 1) Complete the sign-up on the Art 3 portfolio list, AND 2) Put your ready-to-hang work IN the Art 3 portfolio (or as indicated for oversize work).
REMEMBER, this annual exhibit highlights the work of EACH art student while ALSO illustrating the SCOPE of the OVERALL art program, Art 1 - 5. Select 2D work you've done THIS year in order to BEST represent the goals of the ART 3 curriculum.
- Critique AbEx paintings - start AbEx self-evaluations (DUE FRIDAY)
- Prep. for YAM - Add hanging wire to paintings
WEDNESDAY: NOTE NEW CLASS TIME/ 1:45 - 3:10 pm
- Field trip to Visual Arts Center to see the Scholastic Awards exhibit.
- Prep. for YAM: take down all old master drawings, make selections, add hanging wire to backs of paintings, mat, etc.
- Remember, YAM labels are due TOMORROW (THURSDAY by midnight)
- Continue AbEx self-evaluations (DUE FRIDAY)
- Turn in AbEx self-evaluations
- WS Check - PROCESS, EXPERIENCE, etc.
- Remember, YAM work must be ready by the end of the day, TODAY!
- Maggie Walker mural project
- DUE FRIDAY = AbEx self-evaluation rubric (this includes any changes you are making to your painting)
- DUE THURSDAY (midnight) = YAM work selected/online labels
- DUE FRIDAY = (WS) EXPERIENCE/Lunchtime Lecture
- DUE March 15 = SB & WS CHECK:
- (SB) Daily Drawing should ALWAYS be happening
- (SB) PLANNING/sculpture - CONTINUED, this will be ONGOING throughout the duration of the sculpture project but as you develop YOUR OWN ideas, your PLANNING pages will be specific to YOUR work.
- (SB) 2nd CURIOSITY - art-related free choice (BUT related to sculpture); use this opportunity to FURTHER investigate media, methods, and artists who can help you with YOUR sculpture.
- (SB) PLAY should happen WEEKLY - review ALL PLAY pages from the start of the year.... review how Susie Ganch "plays" and how her work develops because of it! Think about what you are doing with sculpture... in what OTHER directions can you take these experimentations?
- (WS) GALLERY - Photograph all artwork & add to your online gallery with title, date, medium, and measurements. These photos must be high quality/resolution with appropriate cropping/editing/color correcting. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE PROACTIVE HERE... YOU WILL LEARN TO USE THE CLASS CAMERA BUT YOU CAN ALSO GET STARTED ON YOUR OWN.
- DUE March 22 = SB Q3 (to include a REFLECTION)
- March 15 = deadline to enter the Asian-American Society Art Competition (art deadline is March 29th)
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- WEDNESDAY = Art Club meeting @ 11:42 am - 12:15 pm (NEW lunch schedule!)
- FRIDAY = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM celebration event and exhibit, 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- April 1 - 5 = Spring Break!
- April 12 = Future Dragon Welcome AND UN-Lock-in
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS