AS FINISH YOUR SKETCHBOOK FOR WEDNESDAY:
1) Review directions & expectations - and the rubric.
2) Review SB Q1 work/feedback/grade.
3) Review the most recent SB Check; include it and heed the directions + feedback.
4) Re-read your Q1 reflection, including feedback.
5) Review and consider the AHoM, Art 3 SOL, AND steps in the Artistic Process before you write your Q2 reflection.
- Updated SB Q2 rubric
- Portfolio/list DUE
- Quiz debrief (after make ups are complete)
- Paint procedures/review - AbEx "Cheat Sheet" - Critique/continue practice paintings
WEDNESDAY: see HW
- SB DUE/share - Peer Grade AS #9
- Turn in AWARENESS peer reviews (completed by authors)
- How to photograph your work
- ALL Q2 WORK MUST BE COMPLETE/TURNED IN BY TODAY
FRIDAY: First art class of Q3
- Finish practice paintings
- Maggie Walker mural progress
- DUE MONDAY = Organized portfolio AND list of work (title, date, medium, measurements). Have list ready to turn in.
- DUE February 15 = Photograph all artwork & add to your online gallery with title, date, medium, and measurements. These photos must be high quality/resolution with appropriate cropping/editing. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE PROACTIVE HERE... YOU WILL LEARN TO USE THE CLASS CAMERA BUT YOU CAN ALSO GET AHEAD ON YOUR OWN; DON'T PROCRASTINATE.
- DUE WEDNESDAY: 1) SB Q2: 2) Edited AWARENESS post: AND 3) Completed Peer Review (by author)
- FRIDAY = Thank a Teacher
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- WEDNESDAY = ODD day; End Q2 & Semester 1
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center??... stay tuned
- Feb. 8 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Feb. 13 = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION (Art Club members are invited); Water Fountain Gallery artwork is DUE today!
- Feb. 13 = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = Early release for students - SPLIT EVEN DAYS
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS