- In preparation for completing SB Q1, due Friday, review the 6 required categories carefully and make sure that your work represents each as assigned. Remember, while you can (and should) reflect on your work at any time, only one REFLECTION is officially due at the end of each quarter. This is one entry that you really should complete at the last minute so that it can be inclusive of the learning, experiences, SOL, and AHoM accomplished to date. Don't forget about AS #3 AND IF YOU NEED MORE TIME, TAKE UNTIL OCT. 29TH.
- Remember that in-class Daily Drawings have been suspended in order to save time for working with Tommy, so keep up with those on your own. USE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN LEARNING WITH TOMMY AS YOU LOOK/SEE/DRAW!!!
- ALSO... It's time to start thinking about Scholastic entries. The deadline is December 13th but preparations should start now. Go HERE to understand what those preparations entail.
- Review announcements, agenda, SB Q1/AS #3 requirements
- Move to Black Box for figure drawing with Thomas Van Auken
- Move to Black Box for figure drawing with Thomas Van Auken (last day)
- SB Q1 share/turn in
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project
HOMEWORK: Since figure drawing continues this week, you will want to find time to work on the Old Master drawing on your own. You should also make efforts to work on your website, especially as you work to complete AS #3.
- ONGOING (do this ASAP to be prepared for an open notes quiz to be assigned soon) = Review the information about the Italian Renaissance and the Old Masters as contained in Artist Spotlight entries, the Projects page, and HERE. Bolster your notes as necessary & use these resources to complete the vocabulary list.
- DUE FRIDAY:
- SB Q1
- WS: AS #3 (IF YOU NEED MORE TIME, TAKE UNTIL OCT. 29TH)
- Check itslearning/mosleyart.com each Sunday evening, in order to be prepared for the week.
- Once introduced, Artist Spotlight entries are to be complete by the same day of the next week.
- MONDAY AND TUESDAY = Last 2 days of figure drawing with guest artist, Tommy Van Auken
- WEDNESDAY = Art Club @ 11:45 am ($8 dues by end of Q1/Nov. 2)
- Oct. 29 = field trip to Visual Arts Center
- Oct. 31 @ 11: 35 am - 12:25 pm = Lunchtime Lecture in the auditorium; the daily schedule has been modified for the whole school/lunch has been extended specifically for this event/attendance is expected.
- Nov. 2 = Fall Art Walk (First Fridays); you and your family are invited!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
- October 31, 2018 - Amanda Adams, VMFA (Japanese Aesthetics)(extended lunch schedule will accommodate a longer lecture)
- January 16, 2019 - Kirk O'Brien, cartoonist (Politics in Cartoons)
- February 20, 2019 - Sasha Waters Freyer, Dept. Chair, Photo/Film @ VCU
- May 1, 2019 - John Freyer, Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media @ VCU (Social Practice Art)