- SB SELF-CHECK due NEXT Monday (this is a change)
- Finish painting notes - review concepts/vocab.
- Continue preparation for oil painting:
- Add 2nd coat of gesso
- Have you cleaned/labeled your turp. jar?
- Demo. toning canvas, materials/equipment, paint mixing, etc.
- How's your sculpture coming along?
- Continue oil painting:
- Demo. sketching & brunaille
- Continue paint mixing
- Work on SB and/or sculpture as time permits
- Catch up day - be ready for Monday: SB, sculpture, canvas prep., paint mixing, etc.
PROJECT DEADLINES: Please see your Artistic Process and AHoM handouts for ALL the ways that you can participate in and document "PROCESS"
- Check sculpture PROCESS posts; there should be 5 weeks of documentation. The next PROCESS post will be the FINAL one.
- Keep working on your sculpture; it should be finished by the end of the month.
- June 3 = HEAD/complete, brought to school (ready to hang), and posted on the "Fantastic Four" page of your website
- June 5 = HEART/complete, brought to school (ready to hang), and posted on the "Fantastic Four" page of your website
- DUE FRIDAY = 1 - 3 still life objects (small but not tiny) to be used as the subject for your oil painting; you may use art room objects but you may want to select things that are more meaningful to you.
- DUE May 20 (this is a change) = SB SELF-CHECK (read the directions!) (digital version on itslearning)
- DUE May 30th = SB Q4
- ONGOING = check the website assignments are complete and tagged to the appropriate category.
- This week = last week of AP testing
- FRIDAY = Interim
- Weeks of May 20th and 27th = SOL testing/modified schedules
- May 22 = Art Club meeting - last one!
- May 27 = Memorial Day holiday
- May 31 = Senior Art 4/5 exhibit @ Artworks Gallery (320 Hull Street, Richmond, 23224); this is your opportunity to see what Art 4/5 seniors work toward - and what you have to look forward to when you get to that point!
- June 10 = Senior Showcase; this is your opportunity to see what you will be doing for your mentorship or seminar presentation when you are a senior!
- June 7 = Art 3 EXAM, afternoon
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS