1) Future Dragon visits, Mon. - Thurs.
2) Summer 2020 travel meeting, Tuesday; RSVP HERE.
3) YAM workshop, Wednesday (origami).
4) Art Cinema, Friday! See the Facebook event HERE.
5) Open notes "quiz," NEXT Wednesday.
6) 2 weeks until Spring Break - we can do this!!!
- Artist Spotlight #13; review #12
- Continue PLANNING:
- Keep brainstorming - what are you trying to communicate? Can you distill your content into one word (identity, place, memory, etc.?).
- Which artist(s) can offer inspiration for your work - construction, use of medium, overall aesthetic, connection to content, etc.
- Practice with various processes (build maquettes as you are able) in order to make the best decisions.
- Consider color, texture, surface.
- Practice specific media
- Make final decisions
WEDNESDAY: change in plan/you will have a sub.
- Work on the sketchbook assignment (DUE FRIDAY). I apologize that you didn't get your sketchbook check back in time… BUT you should have reviewed it already and so know what needs to be done before Friday!
- Related to the above - PLANNING for sculpture (!!!!); use the books/magazines/other research (including the links that I emailed to some of them) to generate/formalize ideas. HAVE FINAL SKETCHES. Multiple sketches are needed to show how you envision the sculpture in-the-round. Build a maquette to help visualize the form of the sculpture (so you can draw it in-the-round!). Make sure also to list any materials that you think you might use. *** Yes, things might change but you have to start somewhere!
- Continue using papier maché paste/plaster gauze to finish the practice sculpture started on Monday
FRIDAY: modified schedule/assembly
- SB DUE/SHARE
- Take down YAM exhibit (store work in portfolio)(clean out class drawer)
- Maggie Walker mural
- March 29 = PROCESS #1
- April 12 = PROCESS #2
- April 19 = PROCESS #3
- April 26 PROCESS #4 (sculpture should be done by now)
- May 1 = Sculpture DUE/critique
- DUE FRIDAY = SB Q3
- Make sure that your work addresses any needed corrections as per the SB CHECKS on March 1st or 15th (make WS edits as well).
- Make sure that your Q3 REFLECTION addresses not only the SOL and AHoM but ALSO The Artistic Process (which is technically an SOL - just make sure to be specific).
- DUE no later than March 29th (last day before spring break) = All work is fixed, photographed, uploaded to website, and properly stored - either at home and/or in a personal portfolio.
- MONDAY - THURSDAY = Future Dragon Days
- WEDNESDAY - YAM workshop @ lunch
- FRIDAY = NAHS Art Cinema, 3:30 - 6:00 pm
- March 29 = End Q3 and last day before spring break!
- April 1 - 5 = Spring Break!
- April 8 = Field trip to Try-Me Gallery. Prepare by reviewing the COLLECTION before you go.
- April 10 = NAHS meeting (applications to run for office are due)
- April 12 = Future Dragon Welcome (5 - 7 pm) AND UN-Lock-in (7 - 10 pm)
- April 24 = Art Club (NAHS applications are due)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS