HAPPY YOUTH ART & MUSIC MONTH!!!
Join us at the YAMM opening event to view student art, hear live music, and enjoy refreshments!
THIS THURSDAY, March 7th, 6:00 - 9:00 pm.
Remarks @ 6:40 pm
- THIS WEDNESDAY, Shaving cream marbling
- March 13, Ink blot and string painting art
- March 20, Origami
- March 27, Knitting (in collaboration with the Knitting Club!)
- Artist Spotlight #11
- START sculpture - Review PLAY and PLANNING pages - brainstorm sculpture ideas - experiment with processes
- Check YAM labels/confirm entries (take all work upstairs)
WEDNESDAY: NOTE NEW CLASS TIME/ 1:45 - 3:10 pm
- Using the camera/creation of online gallery
- CONTINUE sculpture - Review PLAY and PLANNING pages - brainstorm sculpture ideas - experiment with processes
FRIDAY: Figure Drawing Friday!
- (Maggie Walker mural progress)
- DUE FRIDAY = Finalized WS posts (PROCESS/EXPERIENCE) as per peer review & teacher feedback
- DUE March 15 = SB & WS CHECK/focus on:
- (SB) PLANNING/sculpture - CONTINUED, this will be ONGOING throughout the duration of the sculpture project but as you develop YOUR OWN ideas, your PLANNING pages will be specific to YOUR work.
- (SB) 2nd CURIOSITY - art-related free choice (BUT related to sculpture); use this opportunity to FURTHER investigate media, methods, and artists who can help you with YOUR sculpture.
- (SB) PLAY should happen WEEKLY - review ALL PLAY pages from the start of the year.... review how Susie Ganch "plays" and how her work develops because of it! Think about what you are doing with sculpture... in what OTHER directions can you take these experimentations?
- (WS) GALLERY - Add 1) Old Master Copy, 2) Self-Portrait, 3) At least one figure drawing, and 4) The AbEx painting to your online gallery. INCLUDE title, date, medium, and measurements. These photos must be high resolution/high quality (in focus, straight on, cropped, color corrected, etc.). PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE PROACTIVE HERE... YOU WILL LEARN TO USE THE CLASS CAMERA BUT YOU CAN ALSO DO THIS ON YOUR OWN.
- DUE March 22 = SB Q3 (to include a REFLECTION)
- March 15 = deadline to enter the Asian-American Society Art Competition; the art submission deadline is March 29th
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- WEDNESDAY - YAM workshop @ lunch
- THURSDAY = Course registration (I hope you are signing up for art)
- THURSDAY = YAMM celebration event and exhibit, 6 - 9 pm
- FRIDAY = Figure Drawing Friday!
- March 18 - 21 = Future Dragon Days
- March 22 = NAHS Art Cinema, 3:30 - 6:00 pm
- March 29 = End Q3 and last day before spring break!
- April 1 - 5 = Spring Break!
- April 10 = NAHS meeting (applications to run for office are due)
- April 12 = Future Dragon Welcome (5 - 7 pm) AND UN-Lock-in (7 - 10 pm)
- April 24 = Art Club (NAHS applications are due)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS