Welcome to Q3/Semester 2; it's time to plan for next year:
1) Art 4 (then, for some of you, Art 5)
2) Topics in Digital Media/Graphic Design (then Digital Art)
3) Survey of World Art (VCU - 8 credits)
4) Photography (VCU - 3 credits)
3) Film Studies (VCU - 3 credits)
4) Digital Video or Photojournalism Seminars (for seniors)
PLEASE be vigilant in your PREPARATION by checking the weekly agenda in order to be PROACTIVE and ORGANIZED in your work habits.
- Critique/finish practice paintings (which way is up?)
- Prepare large canvases, easels, space, materials, etc.; this includes establishing a strategy for how/where you will store your work day by day
- Daily drawing (assuming all sketchbooks have been graded)
- Start final paintings (then next Monday and Wednesday.... maybe next Friday but that's it for in-class studio time)
- REMEMBER TO DOCUMENT AND POST YOUR PROCESS AS YOU WORK!
FRIDAY: Figure Drawing Friday!
- The focus of today's figure drawing will be the use of EXPRESSIVE searching lines and MARK-MAKING to FIRST establish a well-proportioned form. THEN, use of COLOR and/or ADDITIVE/SUBTRACTIVE methods will be used to enhance/refine the form and to further suggest EXPRESSION.
- DUE February 15 = AbEx painting (needed additions or changes will need to be done outside of class time) + PLUS PROCESS posts
- DUE March 1 (this is a change, again) = Photograph all artwork & add to your online gallery with title, date, medium, and measurements. These photos must be high quality/resolution with appropriate cropping/editing. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE PROACTIVE HERE... YOU WILL LEARN TO USE THE CLASS CAMERA BUT YOU CAN ALSO GET AHEAD ON YOUR OWN; DO NOT PROCRASTINATE.
- DUE February 22 = SB CHECK (includes PLANNING/sculpture + 1st CURIOSITY) & WS CHECK (includes PROCESS/AbEx + EXPERIENCE/Lunchtime Lecture)
- DUE March 15 = SB CHECK (includes 2nd CURIOSITY)
- DUE March 22 = SB Q3
- March 18 = Doodle for Google
- FRIDAY = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Feb. 13 = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION (Art Club members are invited); Water Fountain Gallery artwork is DUE today!
- Feb. 13 = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = EVEN DAYS/Early release for students
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11:45am
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS