1) You should enter the Thank a Teacher AND Doodle for Google contests!!!
2) You should apply for VCU's FUTURE STUDIO!!!
3) You should gather your notes for Friday's quiz!!!
4) You should prepare for the impending SB due date by reviewing all directions/expectations, past grades, student/teacher feedback, AHoM, Art 3 SOL, AND steps in the Artistic Process!!!
WEDNESDAY: Art Club/NAHS meeting + picture @ noon
- Daily Drawing
- Review color theory, paint methods, and AbEx techniques to try
- Finish AbEx practice paintings - zips
- Start AbEx practice paintings - other techniques
- Continue organizing portfolios
FRIDAY: ODD day
- Check AS #9 & Peer Reviews for completion/discuss; return Peer Reviews (so that needed edits/revisions to AWARENESS post can be made by the author by Jan. 30th)
- Quiz #2 - open notes
- Finish organizing portfolios (DUE Monday - take it home if needed)
- Maggie Walker mural progress
- DUE January 28 = Organized portfolio with list of work (title, date, medium, measurements). Have list ready to turn in.
- DUE February 15 (this is a change) = Photograph all artwork & add to your online gallery with title, date, medium, and measurements. These photos must be high quality/resolution with appropriate cropping/editing. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN BE PROACTIVE HERE... YOU WILL LEARN TO USE THE CLASS CAMERA BUT YOU CAN ALSO GET AHEAD ON YOUR OWN; DON'T PROCRASTINATE.
- DUE FRIDAY = AS #9 and completed Peer Review
- DUE Jan. 30 = SB Q2 AND Edited AWARENESS post AND completed Peer Review (by author)
- WEDNESDAY = Art Club meeting @ 11:45 am; CLUB PHOTO, WEAR YOUR T-SHIRT!
- Jan. 30 = ODD day; End Q2/Semester 1 (this is a change)
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center... stay tuned
- Feb. 8 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Feb. 13 = NAHS meeting/INDUCTION (Art Club members are invited)
- Feb. 13 = Parent/Teacher conferences
- Feb. 18/19 = Early release for students
- Feb. 20 = Lunchtime Lecture
- Feb. 27 = Art Club meeting @ 11;45am
- March 1 = Interim for Q3
- March 7 = YAMM event (Youth Art and Music Month), 6 - 9 pm
- March 9 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS