REMINDER: All work must be removed from the class drawer and stored in a personal portfolio NO LATER THAN FRIDAY. Portfolios may stay at school as long as the work fits inside; over-sized work must go home as soon as it has been photographed (which will happen at the end of Q2).
SEE "PROJECT DEADLINES" FOR MORE INFO.
- AbEx exercises - to include but not be limited to: Vocabulary review, color theory, pours, zips, paint preparation, etc.
- Continue AbEx exercises - to include but not be limited to: Vocabulary review, color theory, pours, zips, paint preparation, etc.
FRIDAY: modified schedule/Pep Rally (30 min. class)
- Select/assign AS #8
- Finish sorting work/filling portfolios. Spray with fixative as needed. Measure work (keep a running list of work, title, medium, measurement).
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project
- DUE ASAP but no later than end of Q2 (Jan. 29th) = Photograph artwork & add to your online Gallery; make note of measurements, as you will need to post this information in addition to title, date, and medium.
- ONGOING = Ab Ex PLANNING (make sure to watch "The Case for Abstraction"). NOTE: PLANNING pages should not be finite/ADD TO THEM AS YOU GO. The video posted above is a good example of additional info. that could supplement what you've already documented, including your conclusion from the D.C. field trip.
- DUE FRIDAY = SB documentation of the THREE AbEx painters to be considered for the AWARENESS/AS #8 post
- DUE Jan. 18 = AWARENESS/AS #8 & SB Q2/make sure to include (and follow) teacher/peer-review feedback as per the SB CHECK from December!
- Jan. 16 = Lunchtime Lecture/Kirk O'Brien/Politics in Cartoons (NOTE: NAHS members should consider this as their meeting)
- Jan. 23 = Art Club meeting
- Jan. 25 = Quiz #2
- Jan. 29 = End Q2/Semester 1
- Jan. 30 = student holiday/teacher work day
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS