Welcome back / Happy 2019!
Don't forget to bring a portfolio!
- AS #8
- Continue AbEx - including PowerPoint presentation & vocabulary list
- Fill portfolios/clear out class drawer
- DUE ASAP but no later than end of Q2 (Jan. 29th) = Photograph artwork & add to your online Gallery; make note of measurements, as you will need to post this information in addition to title, date, and medium.
- ONGOING = Ab Ex PLANNING (make sure to watch "The Case for Abstraction"). NOTE: PLANNING pages should not be finite/ADD TO THEM AS YOU GO. The video posted above is a good example of additional info. that could supplement what you've already documented, including your conclusion from the D.C. field trip.
- DUE Jan. 4 = Bring a portfolio. ALL work must be removed from the class drawer; once photographed, it will either be taken home or stored @ school in your personal portfolio (oversize work MUST go home).
- DUE Jan. 11 = SB documentation of the THREE AbEx painters to be considered for the AS #8 AWARENESS/AS post
- DUE Jan. 18 = AWARENESS (AS #8) & SB Q2 (make sure to include/follow teacher/peer-review feedback as per the SB CHECK from Dec. 12)
- Jan. 16 = Lunchtime Lecture/Kirk O'Brien/Politics in Cartoons (NOTE: NAHS members should consider this as their meeting)
- Jan. 23 = Art Club meeting
- Jan. 25 = Quiz #2
- Jan. 29 = End Q2/Semester 1
- Jan. 30 = student holiday/teacher work day
- Feb. 4 or 6... field trip to Visual Arts Center
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS