1) Signed Scholastic permission forms and YAM flag designs are now DUE FRIDAY!!!
2) FRIDAY is still INTERIM, I guess?... check Powerschool
but note that grades will be delayed.
3) The DUE date for Philadelphia permission/$ has been moved to Dec. 18th.
4) re: Friday's agenda... be prepared for anything!
- Critique self-portraits/make adjustments as needed based on feedback - CAN'T DO THIS IN PERSON BUT AT LEAST MAKE SURE YOUR DRAWING IS FINISHED AND YOUR PROCESS POSTS ARE UP TO DATE
- Start self-evaluation rubric (which is posted on itslearning, FYI) - WHICH MEANS THAT YOU CAN DO IT @ HOME
WEDNESDAY: SNOW DAY.... which means that the below tasks will happen at some other time.... but you'll just have to stay tuned to know when... assume nothing, be prepared for everything!
- SB CHECK (note that the WS CHECK, including D.C. field trip assignment has been moved to Friday)
- Mount finished self-portraits/Finish self-evaluation rubric
- Take down Old Master copies
- Photograph work (take home all but self-portraits by Dec. 19th)
FRIDAY: ODD DAY/Maggie Walker mural progress will happen at another time
- Be prepared for any/all of the following:
- Critique self-portraits/Self-evaluation
- SB CHECK
- WS CHECK, including D.C. field trip assignment
- DUE MONDAY = HOME: Self-Portrait using your Old Master's mark.
- Remember to post weekly PROCESS on your blog; the final PROCESS post (DUE Dec. 14th) should include a side-by-side of your old master drawing + your old master copy + your self-portrait.
- There should be evidence that the self-portrait project was in-process for at least 3 weeks prior to the due date. Weekly posts should illustrate a variety of thought and work processes, including images to show the developing drawing.
- ONGOING = Ab Ex PLANNING page (make sure to watch "The Case for Abstraction"). NOTE: PLANNING pages should not be finite/ADD TO THEM AS YOU GO.
- DUE WEDNESDAY = SB CHECK ONLY (this is a change) ; to include:
- OBSERVATION (Daily drawings, includes: Bigger! Searching lines! Figure!)
- CURIOSITY (One of two, remember to ASK A QUESTION)
- PLANNING (Self-portrait, Ab Ex Project pages + D.C. Field Trip page)
- ART HISTORY (AS #5, #6, #7)
- PLAY (Keep pushing your ideas....how can Howardena Pindell's process inspire YOUR play & experimentation?)
- DUE FRIDAY = WS CHECK (this is a change); to include:
- PROCESS (There should be evidence that the self-portrait project was in-process for at least 3 weeks prior to the due date. Weekly posts can illustrate a variety of thought and work processes, including images to show the developing drawing. The FINAL work must be shown side-by-side with BOTH the Old Master drawing AND the Old Master Copy)
- EXPERIENCE (Lunchtime Lecture, VMFA & D.C. field trips)
- DUE Dec. 19 (last day before break) = ALL work is photographed, posted to your gallery, and taken home and/or stored @ school in a personal portfolio (not in class drawer).
- DUE Jan. 18 = SB Q2/make sure to include (and follow) teacher/peer-review feedback as per the SB CHECK from Dec. 12
- Cancelled WEDNESDAY = NAHS (t-shirt distribution and snowflake making)
- Moved to FRIDAY = CONTEST DEADLINES - Youth Art Month Flag and Scholastic
- FRIDAY = INTERIM
- Cancelled FRIDAY = Art Cinema/Loving Vincent, 4 - 6:30 pm, in the art room. Free for NAHS/Art Club members, $1 for others.
- Dec. 19 = Art Club (t-shirt distribution and making art for the water fountain gallery)
- Jan. 19 - 21, 2019 = Art trip to Philadelphia!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS