Thanksgiving break, Wed. - Friday!!!
DECEMBER 12th CONTEST DEADLINES... YAM flag? Scholastic?
- Those going should meet in the art room promptly @ 12:25 for attendance and departure. Bring your sketchbook, pencil(s), and a phone/camera. NOTE: If you are catching a bus at dismissal, you should have all your things ready to go as we will be getting back to school right @ 3:10 pm.
- Those not going must sign in with Ms. Bowman @ the start of 7th period and then go to a computer lab, library, etc. to start the assignment. Use the following resources to visit the museum virtually.
- DUE Dec. 10th = HOME: Self-Portrait using your Old Master's mark.
- Remember to post weekly PROCESS on your blog; the final PROCESS post should include a side-by-side of your old master drawing + your old master copy + your self-portrait.
- DUE MONDAY = Artist Spotlight #5 (SB). Choose another old master from a classmate's AWARENESS post & complete that entry in your sketchbook. Use this information to "stay in the old master mindset" as you work on your self-portrait by comparing & contrasting what you have learned about the life and times of your old master and others.
- DUE Nov. 28 = VMFA field trip assignment
- DUE Dec. 12 = SB & WS CHECK (includes D.C. field trip)
- DUE Jan. 18 = SB Q2
- MONDAY = Field trip to VMFA during 5th AND 7th blocks
- WED. - FRI. = Thanksgiving break
- Nov. 26 - 28 = Bob Ross waffle sales during lunch (@ concessions)
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm (YAM flag work session)
- Nov. 30 = Figure Drawing Friday
- Dec. 7 = Washington, D.C. field trip
- Dec. 12 = CONTEST DEADLINES - Youth Art Month Flag and Scholastic
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS