- Take FULL responsibility for class preparation and participation by reviewing the agenda at the start of each week. It is there to help you, take advantage of that help.
- Take FULL responsibility for your personal growth by following ALL directions (spoken, written, posted, or otherwise) WHILE THINKING PAST THEM for unique solutions that APPLY what you have been learning. If you are "just completing assignments," then you are missing the point.
- Take FULL responsibility for managing your time. Your work flow and process has to make sense for you but you may need to make adjustments along the way in order to meet deadlines while keeping point #2 in mind. Steady, daily, thoughtful wins the race.
- Take FULL responsibility for asking questions, seeking help, using the resources provided online, and spending time outside of class as needed. Lunch time = open art studio....take advantage of this resource!
OPPORTUNITY IS KNOCKING. Go HERE for information about CONTESTS with December deadlines.
- Daily drawing
- Explain Self-portrait (PLANNING, in-class check points, etc.)
- Review SB and WS details/responsibilities
- Finish critiques
- How to: fix and mount Old Master drawings
- Portfolio: actual (get one) v. virtual (edit/post photos of finished work)
- Sort/store figure drawings (will use for growth assessment)
- Clean up/prep for Q2
- Daily drawing
- Finish Monday leftovers
- Discuss VMFA field trip
- Finish Wednesday leftovers
- Self-Portrait DUE Dec. 10th, including weekly PROCESS posts
- DUE FRIDAY = PLANNING (SB) for Self-Portrait. Explore the provided project description and resources carefully in order to get started; document your research and planning - include photographs to experiment with composition. NOTE: PLANNING is an ongoing process; this is just to get you started.
- DUE Nov. 19 = Artist Spotlight #5 (SB). Choose another old master from a classmate's AWARENESS post & complete that entry in your sketchbook. Use this information to "stay in the old master mindset" as you work on your self-portrait by comparing & contrasting what you have learned about the life and times of your old master and others.
- DUE Dec. 12 = SB & WS CHECK (includes D.C. field trip)
- DUE Jan. 18 = SB Q2
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 19 = Field trip to VMFA during 5th AND 7th blocks
- Nov. 21 - 23 = Thanksgiving break
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 30 = Figure Drawing Friday
- Dec. 7 = Washington, D.C. field trip
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS