Tuesday = No school for students, so Friday = Even day, so WEDNESDAY = All work DUE. This is a FIRM deadline!
- Quiz #1 - open notes; as you are working, be prepared to show AS #4 (SB)
- LAST STUDIO DAY: Drawings should be ready for critique by the START of class on WEDNESDAY. Drawings and self-assessments will be collected for grading at the END of the day on WEDNESDAY.
- Signatures go on the FRONT USING THE SAME MEDIUM. Your name "after" the name of your old master.
- Photograph work. Your last PROCESS post (DUE FRIDAY) should include a side-by-side comparison of the original and your finished drawing. We will work on GALLERY images next quarter.
- Time permitting: mount
WEDNESDAY: see HW
- Critique drawings & complete self-assessments
- Time permitting: mount
FRIDAY: Even day/no art (but see HW)
HOMEWORK: In order to meet the project deadline, you will want to find time to work on the Old Master drawing on your own. Remember to take photos each day and to post your progress as weekly PROCESS posts with dates and commentary.
- DUE ASAP: Edit your AWARENESS post (AS #3) as per the posted comments. Your classmates may have trouble completing AS #4 (DUE MONDAY) without those corrections.
- DUE MONDAY:
- FOR QUIZ PREPARATION = Review the information about the Italian Renaissance and the Old Masters as contained in Artist Spotlight entries, the Projects page, and HERE. Bolster your notes as necessary.
- AS #4 (SB); choose one of the old masters presented as an AWARENESS post on a classmate's blog and complete that entry in your sketchbook.
- DUE WEDNESDAY:
- EXPERIENCE (WS), Lunchtime Lecture/Japanese Aesthetics
- DUE FRIDAY:
- PROCESS (WS), final progress post with a side-by-side comparison of your finished drawing and the original that you copied (make sure that posts are dated to show weekly progress).
- Check itslearning/mosleyart.com each Sunday evening, in order to be prepared for the week.
- Review BOTH SB and WS requirements carefully; follow daily and weekly requirements closely.
- Once introduced, Artist Spotlight entries are to be complete by the same day of the next week.
- TUESDAY = Election Day (no school for students); Parent/Teacher conferences
- Nov. 14 = NAHS @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 19 = Field trip to VMFA during 5th AND 7th blocks
- Nov. 21 - 23 = Thanksgiving break
- Nov. 28 = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
- Nov. 30 = Figure Drawing Friday
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS