You'll be working with clay for the remainder of the quarter.... Working on the potter's wheel is
especially messy so dress appropriately!
If you have long fingernails, this is a good time
to cut them!
- Daily drawing
- Welcome guest artist, David Camden - wheel throwing demo. (hopefully, there will be time for one or more of you to try it)
WEDNESDAY: see HW
- SB CHECK
- Review unit of study, vocabulary/processes, and related deadlines
- TBD....continue wheel-throwing OR hand building demonstration/review (while you are waiting to work on a wheel, you will be making hand-built forms)
- Figure Drawing Friday!
PROJECT DEADLINES: These are greenware deadlines:
- DUE Dec. 5th (6th at the latest) = Wheel-thrown chawan (@ least 1, stoneware, trimmed). Must have time to dry fully to be bisque-fired in time to be glazed on Dec. 12th, in order to be raku-fired on Dec. 17th.
- DUE Dec. 19th = Hand-built chawan (@ least 1, earthenware). Will dry fully over beak, to be bisque-fired upon our return and glazed/fired thereafter.
- NOTE: There WILL be more time to work after the break. You will be making other vessels/forms/containers, inspired by Mizusashi and Natsume (multiple, earthenware).
- ONGOING (but really should be done by Monday) = Read/annotate handouts: 1) What You Need to Know About Clay/Ceramics, and 2) Japanese Aesthetics. Use this information to prepare for & generate ideas for the clay forms you will be making.
- WEDNESDAY = SB CHECK. NOTE: this check has been updated to also include the VMFA field trip assignment & AS #7
- DUE Dec. 12 = SB #3 (includes D.C. field trip assignment)
- MON. - WED. = Bob Ross waffle sales during lunch (@ concessions)!!!
- WEDNESDAY = Art Club @ 11:45 am - 12:15 pm (work session for YAM flags unless you are helping to sell waffles)
- FRIDAY = Figure Drawing Friday!
- Dec. 7 = Washington, D.C. field trip
- Dec. 12 = CONTEST DEADLINES - Youth Art Month Flag and Scholastic
- Dec. 14 = Figure Drawing Friday!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS