- AS #6 + continued discussion of AS #3, #4, #5
- SB CHECK is on Friday....
- Do you have at least 8 daily drawings?
- Are the Artist Spotlights complete as assigned? Make sure that AS #6 is started and has: 1) Heading w/#, 2) Thumbnail w/credit line, and 3) Partial notes
- Is your CREATE page done, including a written explanation of subject/composition/content?
- Move to Black Box for figure drawing with Thomas Van Auken
- Final discussion of AS #3, #4, #5 - remember to use this information as inspiration for YOUR still life work
- Any questions about SB CHECK for Friday?
- Move to Black Box for figure drawing with Thomas Van Auken (last day)
FRIDAY: see HW
- SB Check
- Continue Maggie Walker mural project with Colleen Hall
HOMEWORK: Since this week will be spent figure drawing with Tommy Van Auken, you will want to find some time to work on your still life drawings on your own. You may take work & materials home but you have to be very careful!!!
- ONGOING (do this ASAP to be prepared for an open notes quiz to be assigned soon) = Review the Still Life presentation posted on itslearning. Take notes & complete the vocabulary list.
- FRIDAY = SB CHECK (re-read the directions carefully/annotate as needed)
- DUE Oct. 29 = AS #6, complete & ready for class discussion
- DUE Nov. 2 = SB #2
- Check itslearning/mosleyart.com each Sunday evening, in order to be prepared for the week.
- Once introduced, Artist Spotlight entries are to be complete by the same day of the next week.
- MONDAY AND TUESDAY = Figure drawing with guest artist, Tommy Van Auken
- WEDNESDAY = Art Club @ 11:45 am ($8 dues by end of Q1/Nov. 2)
- Oct. 31 @ 11: 35 am - 12:25 pm = Lunchtime Lecture in the auditorium; the daily schedule has been modified for the whole school/lunch has been extended specifically for this event/attendance is expected.
- Nov. 2 = Fall Art Walk (First Fridays); you and your family are invited!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
- October 31, 2018, 11:35 - 12:25 - Amanda Adams, VMFA (Japanese Aesthetics)(extended lunch schedule will accommodate a longer lecture)
- January 16, 2019 - Kirk O'Brien, cartoonist (Politics in Cartoons)
- February 20, 2019 - Sasha Waters Freyer, Dept. Chair, Photo/Film @ VCU
- May 1, 2019 - John Freyer, Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media @ VCU (Social Practice Art)