- Daily Drawings will be suspended in order to save time for working with the guest artist - do those drawings on your own!
- SB Check - AS #3, #4, #5; how does this information support what you are being asked to do in your own still life drawings?
- Any questions about SB #2?
- Move to Black Box for figure drawing with Thomas Van Auken
- Repeat of Monday's agenda
FRIDAY: modified schedule, periods 1/3 only (no class but check in @5th pd. for attendance)
- This is to make for the cancelled field day/pep rally from last week; Maggie Walker mural project will be rescheduled
- Don't forget that you can always come in to work on your still life drawings during extended lunches, any day of the week!
HOMEWORK: Since the next 2 weeks will be spent figure drawing with Tommy Van Auken, you will want to find some time to work on your still life drawings on your own. Come in at lunch if you can. You may take work & materials home but you have to be very careful!!!
- DUE MONDAY = AS #3, #4, #5 - Sketch ALL (heading, thumbnail, credit line) but complete only the ONE entry assigned to you (unless you WANT to do them all, of course - you can earn some extra points!). If you do not know the artist that was assigned to you, contact me ASAP.
- ONGOING (do this to be prepared for an open notes quiz to be assigned soon) = Review the Still Life presentation posted in itslearning. Take notes/complete the vocabulary list.
- DUE Oct. 26 = SB CHECK (re-read the directions carefully/annotate as needed)
- DUE Nov. 2 = SB #2
- Check itslearning/mosleyart.com each Sunday evening, in order to be prepared for the week.
- Once introduced, Artist Spotlight entries are to be complete by the same day of the next week.
- MONDAY AND TUESDAY (+ Oct. 22 & 24) = Figure drawing with guest artist, Tommy Van Auken
- WEDNESDAY = NAHS @ 11:45 am
- Oct. 24 = Art Club @ 11:45 am ($8 dues by end of Q1/Nov. 2)
- Oct. 29 = field trip to Visual Arts Center
- Oct. 31 = Lunchtime Lecture; the daily schedule has been modified for the whole school/lunch has been extended specifically for this event/attendance is expected.
- Nov. 2 = Fall Art Walk (First Fridays); you and your family are invited!
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
- October 31, 2018, 11:35 - 12:25 - Amanda Adams, VMFA (Japanese Aesthetics)(extended lunch schedule will accommodate a longer lecture)
- January 16, 2019 - Kirk O'Brien, cartoonist (Politics in Cartoons)
- February 20, 2019 - Sasha Waters Freyer, Dept. Chair, Photo/Film @ VCU
- May 1, 2019 - John Freyer, Associate Professor of Cross Disciplinary Media @ VCU (Social Practice Art)