- Warm up drawing - come in, look for prompt on board, start drawing in your sketchbook. # and date your drawing
- Continue Still Life
- Finish notes
- Finish pen & ink practice - render forms with chiaroscuro/modeling
- Review compositional strategies
WEDNESDAY: NO open notes quiz today as originally planned... keep an eye on HAPPENINGS for the the rescheduled date
- Technically, this is the due date for SB #1 and we will proceed with a SB share & discussion but if you need until Friday to finish with AS #3, you can do so.
- Continue Still Life
- Prep. for Figure Drawing Friday!
FRIDAY: Remember, this is an ALL CLASS day - also, Freshmen have an assembly during 5th period
- Figure Drawing Friday!
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow, 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Please ask for help as needed.
- DUE WEDNESDAY = SB #1 - Read & re-read the assignment, plus the SB guidelines and Artistic Habits; check your work against the assignment prompts, making sure that each has been completed as directed and with your best efforts. NOTE: Try your best to complete Artist Spotlight #3 by Wednesday. Otherwise, prioritize the original assignment and complete AS #3 by Friday.
- DUE EVERY MONDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- DUE PERIODICALLY = Check Powerschool; it is your responsibility to follow up with make up/late work, questions, or discrepancies in a timely manner
- Art Club/NAHS - SIGN UP HERE TO HELP PREPARE FOR AND TO WORK @ FALL FEST (mandatory for NAHS/encouraged for Art Club)
- Postponed (NO open notes quiz on Oct. 4th/5th - stay tuned for the rescheduled date)
- FRIDAY = Fall Festival (it's also a First Friday!)
- FRIDAY = Figure drawing Friday!
- Oct. 9 - 13 = Spirit Week
- Oct. 11 = PSAT testing - am/5th & 7th periods - pm
- Oct. 13 = 1st & 3rd periods - am/Field Day - pm
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
Here's a challenge to get you fully prepped for this week:
- Watch the video, considering carefully the point of the exercise (what IS the point?!)
- Try it for yourself; select an object that stands vertically, in-the-round, with lot of detail (not a phone, ruler, pencil, etc.)(could be a self-portrait!)
- Draw this object from direct, careful observation using only one line. DO NOT CHEAT. You'll defeat the whole point of the exercise = waste of time. Keep your pen/pencil on the paper at all times (do not judge your work for it's perfection or lack thereof - it WILL be a "good drawing" IF you followed the directions)
- Bring your drawing to class on Monday/Tuesday (labeled with name/date/class code)