Walking field trip: Wednesday!!!
- Warm up drawing - come in, look for prompt on board, start drawing in your sketchbook. # and date your drawing
- File syllabus in notebook & syllabus review in Art Skills Inventory folder
- Continue Still Life
- Walking field trip to the Visual Arts Center (walk one way/bus the other)
- Dress for the weather - wear shoes for walking (20 minutes, fast pace)
- Bring your sketchbook and a pencil (pens are not allowed in galleries)
- REMEMBER: You will be starting your sketchbook entry while at the gallery. You should finish the assignment by Friday, while the experience is fresh and to best manage your time. You can get a head start on this entry by using the resources below (in green).
FRIDAY: Remember, this is an ALL CLASS day
- Artist Spotlight #3
- Review AS #2
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow, 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Please ask for help as needed.
- DUE Friday = Artist Spotlight Check - As part of your sketchbook work, make sure to finish the assigned Artist Spotlight entry from last week
- DUE Oct. 4 = SB #1 - Read & re-read the assignment, plus the SB guidelines and Artistic Habits; check your work against the assignment prompts, making sure that each has been completed as directed and with your best efforts
- DUE EVERY MONDAY = Check the website at the start of each week; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory work
- DUE PERIODICALLY = Check Powerschool; it is your responsibility to follow up with make up/late work, questions, or discrepancies in a timely manner
- PSAT Bubble fest:
- Monday Sept 25th 11:10 - 12:00 Juniors
- Tuesday Sept 26th 11:10 - 12:00 Sophomores
- Wednesday Sept 27th 11:10 - 12:00 Freshmen (if you are on the walking field trip with me, you will be late to this and Mr. Z knows it)
- TUESDAY @ 11:45 - 12:15 = Art Club meeting (meets every 4th Tues.) LOOK FOR THE FLYERS POSTED AROUND SCHOOL - TAKE AND MAKE - BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE MEETING
- Oct. 4/5 = open notes quiz (make sure you have your notebook/sketchbook with you and that you can access your Quia account!)
- Oct. 6 = Fall Festival (it's also a First Friday!)
- Oct. 6 = Figure drawing Friday!
- Oct. 11 & 13 = PSAT/special schedule, check school calendar for details
After learning about the artist and the exhibition, submit a comment about what you found most intriguing about her work - and/or what you are most interested to see when you are there in person.
PS - These agenda questions can earn you extra credit! They are meant to encourage weekly review of the agenda. You will not be penalized for not commenting BUT I do hope that you ARE checking the website! These extra credit options will not be available weekly, so take advantage of them when you have the chance!
PPS - THIS TIME AROUND, YOU HAVE UNTIL THE SECOND CLASS OF THE WEEK TO SUBMIT YOUR COMMENT (you will still need to follow the directions/meet the specific challenge of the given prompt in order for it to be approved)