THIS IS IT, FOLKS,
EXAMS START NEXT WEEK!!!
- Quiz #4 - open notes
- Critique paintings (with artist statements) & complete self-assessment rubrics
- You are encouraged to finish your painting but, for today, it is essential that you have made enough progress so that the grading criteria are met.
- If you want to keep working, you are welcome to do so through the end of the day on Friday.
- Exam Prep. assignment (read/come to class with questions) (see homework)
- Continue critique
- Review Exam Prep. assignment/how to prepare for the exam - Q&A
- Assign/explain Sketchbook/Notebook/Portfolio Review (see homework)
- NOTE: Thursday's schedule is modified due to awards assemblies, so class will be shorter than normal
- Finish filling portfolios/TAKE HOME (see homework)
- Last-minute exam prep.
- DUE MONDAY = Final artist statement/hard copy
- Statement criteria:
- Use student name in the document title (Name_Artist Statement)
- One page, max
- 1.5 spacing/standard 12 pt font (adjustments to spacing and margins can be made if needed)
- Name, bold. possible right justified
- Title under name, italics, right justified
- Paragraph format - full justification (1-2 should do it)
- Statement criteria:
- DUE WED. = Read Exam Prep. assignment/come to class with questions
- DUE on exam day or no later June 15 = Sketchbook/Notebook/Portfolio Review
- DUE EVERY WEEK:
- Check the website; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory make-up work
- Check your grades on Powerschool - follow up as needed
- MONDAY = Quiz #4 (open notes)
- THURSDAY = Awards assemblies
- FRIDAY = Senior Show @ Artworks Gallery
- June 11 - 15 = Exams (see schedule below)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
EXAM SCHEDULE: The final exam is cumulative and will take the full 2 hours; you will not be released from the room until the exam time has officially ended. Extra time will be used to clean the art studio.
- Monday, June 11 = Periods 1 & 7
- Tuesday, June 12 = Periods 2 & 8
- Wednesday, June 13 = Periods 3 & 5
- Thursday, June 14 = Period 4 only (early release)
- Friday, June 15 = Period 6 only (early release)