NOTE: Wednesday is the last studio day but the official project due date is Monday, June 4th. Plan your time accordingly.
WEDNESDAY: SOL schedule - extended 7th pd.
- SB DUE/put in box
- Peer Review DUE/Review artist statements
- Studio day - LAST (critique starts next Monday)
HOMEWORK is designed to: 1) allow for exploration, practice, preparation, and application of class content, 2) encourage independent work, time management, and efficiency of work flow (don't procrastinate!), 3) fit within the weekly homework time allotted for this class. Keep these things in mind as you work. Use of a timer is one way to stay on task and to monitor your work time. Please note that your individual needs and work process may result in spending more or less than the suggested average time. Ask for help/use extended lunch as needed; communicate extension requests at least 3-days before a deadline.
- DUE WEDNESDAY = Peer review/artist statement. Read the Jeff Koons handout to glean some ways to provide information about a work of art. Use "Suggesting" mode to offer feedback that will help to eliminate typos, spelling/grammar errors, and that will allow the statement to read cohesively. If they have provided more than one title, offer your preference.
- Statement criteria:
- Use student name in the document title (Name_Artist Statement)
- One page, max
- 1.5 spacing/standard 12 pt font (adjustments to spacing and margins can be made if needed)
- Name, possible titles top/right justified
- Paragraph format - full justification (1-2 should do it)
- Statement criteria:
- DUE WEDNESDAY = SB #6:
- If you were absent on 5/18/18, do these TWO warm-ups: Stack 3 small boxes (shoe boxes, etc.). Twist them around so that they are NOT stacked straight on top of one another; challenge yourself to use your linear perspective skills! For the second drawing, you can do another arrangement of boxes OR stack some books in a similar manner. Each drawing should take you 10 minutes (set a timer and draw for the entire time).
- The full # of daily drawings should be complete, including all warm-ups; don't forget to label any extras that you do on your own
- Don't forget to address the following essential questions in your field trip entry:
- What is the content of Tillman's work?
- What connections can you make between her work and what you have been doing throughout the year?
- What aspect of Tillman's subject, composition, content, work & thought processes can you adapt as your own artistic habits?
- DUE EVERY WEEK:
- Check the website; update your agenda accordingly and complete any required preparatory make-up work
- Check your grades on Powerschool - follow up as needed
- MONDAY = Memorial Day holiday - ENJOY THE 3-DAY WEEKEND!!!
- This week = SOL testing w/modified schedules
- THURSDAY = Senior Showcase
- June 4 = Quiz #4 (open notes)
- June 8 = Senior Show @ Artworks Gallery
- June 11 - 15 = Exams (see schedule below)
- CHECK THE SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVENTS AND DETAILS
EXAM SCHEDULE: The final exam is cumulative and will take the full 2 hours; you will not be released from the room until the exam time has officially ended. Extra time will be used to clean the art studio.
- Monday, June 11 = Periods 1 & 7
- Tuesday, June 12 = Periods 2 & 8
- Wednesday, June 13 = Periods 3 & 5
- Thursday, June 14 = Period 4 only (early release)
- Friday, June 15 = Period 6 only (early release)